Sunday, April 21, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things

Today I woke up!  My lovely wife prepared us a healthy breakfast.  We attended church on the internet http://spoutsprings.sermon.tv/ Soon after breakfast my son and I headed off to the motocross track for family fun day.  http://www.devilsridgemotox.com/ I was riding my hog and my son was on the dual sport.  It was a great ride over, we took a few wrong turns but with spring in full action I did not care.  (Life is good if you can enjoy the scenery on the detour)  My friend offered me a turn on his motocross bike so that my son and I could ride together.  It was AWESOME!  We practiced doughnuts and peeling out!  Fun, fun, fun.  Rolling on the throttle of a rip snorting beast…Only a few wheelies!  The oncologists would not have any sympathy with me if I got hurt on a dirt bike.  My daughter and daughter outlaw were there to cheer us on.  When they said grace at lunch it resonated with my soul.  What a blessing it is to be alive and part of His creation.  The trip home was as engaging as the ride over.  Back roads in the country really make the world come out in high definition.  Sweet smells of wisteria and honeysuckle contrast with whiffs of manure and skunk.  The vivid colors of the world coming to life are magnified by the Carolina blue skies.  My son and I in the wind, sweeeeeeet!  (Bikers understand why dogs stick their head out the window) You have to be careful not to grin too wide cause the bugs are also out on days like this.
  Later in the day I went to the flying club http://wingsofcarolina.org/ and worked with some of my friends.  They are working on their instrument ratings.  I am still not flying because I don't think I pass the IMSAFE checklist...but we had a great time on the simulator developing and honing their basic attitude instrument skills.  It was a typical day at the club with a bunch of airplane nuts and their families flying and talking about flying.  It was a joy to spend a day around bikes, planes and the people that dig them.  I am a bit intimidated with medical battles to coming in next few weeks but I am certainly motivated to win the fight! 

1 comment: