Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rice and beans

I took my mom to the flying club.  Maintenance night is on Wednesdays.  We perform limited preventative maintenance under the supervision of our awesome director of maintenance.  The two "key volunteers" that honcho the program are a piece of work.  Detail freaks in the extreme.  Both of them learned to fly at the club and discovered many mutual interests.  Motorcycles, recreational marksmanship, and of course, they are crazy about all things airplane. 
  How do you tell if you have a pilot at your party?
  They will tell you...repeatedly. (bu dum bump)

  A truth that I know is that most people say "wow, that is cool, tell me more"...and after a few minutes their eyes glaze over.  The wonderful thing about the airport is that there are people who are as interested in the minutia of all things aviation as I.  What is even more interesting is that several of my good friends that I met through flying are from vastly different backgrounds and we probably never would have met much less become good friends.  Airplanes do not care how good looking, how ugly, how rich, how smart...it is physics.  That is one of the great things about aerobatic contests...no one really cares what your name is...just how you fly

  And what the heck does this have with rice and beans? At the end of maintenance night we have rice and beans and stuff...generally some kind of vegetables, lots of hot sauce and a few tall tales…fellowship can take many forms.  I continue to be amazed at the depth of my blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment