Friday, April 26, 2013

The best medicine

  My wife can make me laugh so hard I want to pee and cry at the same time.  One of the beauties of being married for a while is that I have heard that joke before…and it gets better and better every time.  In addition to spreading and accepting unearned grace another marital muscle that should be exercised is humor.  One of the biggest jokes of all is two idiot humans trying to act like grown ups…if you can not laugh at that then you take yourself way too serious.  It is as if a child from a family of clowns and the spawn of court jesters met in a bar.  They dance and sing and act like fools…maybe not acting.  Have you met our kids?
My mom made some good ‘ol southern cooking…extra thick gravy and heavy biscuits.  She is trying to fatten me up.  Next week I go to the hospital to get tests and the following week I start the protocol.  It is weird that we live in a society where losing weight is a huge goal and many often go hungry.  Cancer and dysentery will hook you up if you are looking to lose that last twenty…but few are lining up for that amazing weight lose plan. 
  I feel like Hansel and Gretel needing to show my finger.  As if the cancer were cackling “still too thin to cook”…I am lifted up in prayer and surrounded by three women who love me…my wife, my mother and my daughter.  Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment