Friday, May 24, 2013

Round three perspectives

I look forward to recovery.

The cumulative effects of the poison are painful. I feel like I am on a long march. We are managing a secondary infection. Which means we added doxycyclene. This just adds to the side effects of dry mouth upset stomach and sun sensitivity. I am a vampire. The sun makes me break out in a rash. My wife is an awesome caregiver. We have learned to mitigate the effects of the daily pills. About 3 hours after taking a lapatinib I take a shower followed by a oatmeal bath followed by a Eucerin rub down. During the bath I am noshing on trail mix Gatorade and water.

Military skills have helped me. Patience standing in line in order to get poison or something that I didn't really want. Since my imune system is taxed survival skills specifically nuclear, biological, and chemical training are helpful. Awareness of vectors for disease and how to compensate. Treating chemicals like they are hazardous to me. Moving about in the shadows order to stay away from radiation emitted by the sun. Long range patrol techniques. Nutrition, sanitation, and hygiene skills. Acknowledging and relishing in the fact that the last easy day is today.

Chemo Brian is the negative mental effects of chemotherapy. Lack of focus much, like hangover. Forgetfulness. I used to think that I didn't know where I left my beer because I was drunk. I thought it was Alzheimer's but I realize it its just sometimerz. It could be CRS (Can't remember stuff.)

Perspective. I am in a little pain. I have access to the best doctors and the best medicine in the world. My military service provided me with medical coverage that is quite reasonable. I have an incredible crew lead by an awesome godly woman. I have tonsil cancer diagnosed in a relatively early stage. I have people praying for me all around the world. I am blessed.

I like being home with the love of my life.

Met with my surgical oncologist. Happy with the progress on the tumor scheduled for surgery August 5th
 

No comments:

Post a Comment