Thursday, November 7, 2013

Update from the doctor


I am feeling much better and yesterday’s doctor visit confirmed many things. I gained six pounds and my blood work was good. I am trying to go drug free. The pain is fairly intense but, it would not be wise to drive (or fly) using the pain medications. I miss my freedom so I am trying to learn how to deal with the pain. I have several more appointments this year. I will see one of the treatment team about every ten days. The scan that will declare "cancer free" or "we have more work to do" will occur sometime in January. The team seems confident and I share their enthusiasm.
Today I was able to plant some winter greens and dig on the sunset. I am blessed in multiple ways. Good friends and family keep my spirits up. I can feel the healing hand of God. Please pray for my family in the Philippines as the typhoon passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment