Saturday, August 31, 2013

Radiation week one

I am bummed I missed the great airplane relocation. Thanks to wonderful friends and family the first week of radiation went well. The protocol is chemo (cisplatin) on Monday and radiation Monday through Friday. The familiar negative side effects of chemo are returning but, it is not unknown and my lovely bride is on top of me to manage the symptoms. The radiation is painless during application with the main side effect of fatigue. As time passes the effects of both chemo and radiation will be cumulative. I have met many people undergoing the same experience and that is helpful. “Misery loves company” is a saying that rings true. I do not wish ill upon my fellow cancernauts but, it is reassuring to see people in front of me dealing with the same trails. Some are happy to share advice. I try to provide encouragement to people around me especially the ones that are starting. It is scary and assurance is almost always welcome.
God continues to bless us. Thank you for lifting us up in prayer. Thank you for all the practical help and encouraging words.

No comments:

Post a Comment