Friday, August 23, 2013

The lighter side

One of my students gave me a hard time about my dad jokes. I got a million of them, none of them good.

I have and will continue to use humor when teaching. The jokes don't have to be funny a smirk or a groan about how awful the joke was signals that people are conscious. This is more important when teaching people how to fly than classroom instruction.

There was an NCO in a field when all of a sudden a balloon came out of the cloud.
The pilot hollered “Hey you! Where Am I?”

The NCO answered “You are 14 feet above the ground in a basket under a balloon.”

The pilot grumbled “What you have told me is technically correct but does me no good. You must be an NCO.”

The NCO answered “”yes I am and you must be an officer.”

“Why would you say that?” the pilot asked.

“Because you were lost before you met me, you are still lost but, somehow now its my fault.” The NCO answered.

I am very proud of my half-brother who graduated from West Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment