Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Today my son, Alex, and I went to Pope AFB to the combat control school and did memorial push-ups in remembrance of the fallen. It was my privilege to work among heroes during my time in the USAF. My son continues to serve and left for duty with the NC National Guard. It is a melancholy day. I am forever grateful to God for all my blessings. To live free in this country and enjoy my opulent lifestyle is awesome. I deeply, dearly miss my friends who died. Some died in battle, some training for war, some in accidents, and some by their own hand. My nation is strong because of willing young men and women who continue to strike fear in the hearts of our enemies. I survived my time in uniform; I try to live out my remaining years with gusto to honor my buddies who do not have that option. I am going to give airplane rides to some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment