Thursday, May 29, 2014

Good days and...

I've heard cancer survivors say they have good days and bad days. I have a slight shift  in perspective. I have good days and better days.
  One of the keys to happiness is to lower your expectations.  If I count days I am alive as good days then days that my wife does not have to push me around in a wheelchair are better days. It's been about 7 months since my last treatment. During that time my body has healed  a bunch.
  I still have constant pain from the after affects of surgery , peripheral neuropathy , tinnitus, mild lymphedema, and general fatigue. But I've gotten a lot stronger, I've even been able to ride my motorcycle to work. I have been able to work a "normal" day. Running, pull ups and aerobatics are still to come.

  That which does not kill you makes you stronger . Friedrich Nietzsche Or cripples you for life. The cynic.

  God is giving me more time on earth. It could be considered a blessing or a curse. I will gratefully, gleefully accept it as a gift.  It comes with responsibility to share the good news of God's love.
  Benjamin and I finished our first obedience class. He did better than I did. He is, however, having problems on the essay portion of the test. I hope to be able to train him to be a therapy dog. He brought me great joy during tough times. I would like to share him with people who are going through trying times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment