Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spiders, snakes and flamethrowers

I love gardening. I live on a lake. The ditch on the side of my property is lined with rocks to expedite the flow of water. The weeds grow between the rocks and make the ditch a snake habitat. Running a weed eater is frustrating because the rocks slice the string. I am pretty sure the snakes are scared of the sound but water moccasins are not polite like rattlesnakes; they do not warn you. That is my excuse for buying a flamethrower.
It is one of my favorite tools. It kills weeds, spiders, snakes and other varmints and is fun to use. I have only caught a few trees, the neighbor’s fence and myself on fire. It reminds me of a time on Fort Leonard Wood with Gordy Tully…but that is a story for a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment