Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Good news from the doctor

Praise God! I went to the doctor and got a CT scan, an X-ray and they stuck a camera up my nose (nasal endoscopy). All showed no evidence of disease.
I have been working on my mental attitude. The line of thinking goes “If the scan is clean that's awesome; if they find evidence of disease that means we caught it early and we can get rid of it, and that's awesome.” But I didn't completely buy into that line of reasoning. I went to the appointment with a sense of dread and hope.
We talked about the after effects of the treatment: fatigue, pain, and debilitated function of the damaged tissues. Most of it will slowly improve but individual variation makes a timeline or projected end state hard to predict. I found out I can get acupuncture through the VA. My current insurance does not cover chiropractors, acupuncture, and other non traditional methods. It will be at the speed of government since the first appointment to get a referral is the last week in July. Next trip to the UNC doctors will be in 3 months or so. Thank God for the good news! Thank y’all for all your prayers and support.
I am participating in the American Cancer Society relay for life fundraiser
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ronneymoss

No comments:

Post a Comment