Saturday, June 8, 2013

Chemo week 5

I am mightily blessed. I am spending a lot of time with my favorite person. I am receiving the finest medical care in the world. I have awesome friends and family.

Most of the rest of my hair fell out so I shaved. The pain is intense. It is really only my bones, joints, and skin that hurt. It feels like I am in a gravity storm when I move. I sleep a lot. I think that is a natural defense against too much sensory input.
  My sweat is a toxic substance. Any place it is allowed to pool for very long becomes inflamed with a rash. A very itchy rash, when combined with hypersensitivity makes not scratching very difficult.
  Nauseous is sickening. If you ever smelled anything or tasted anything that made you retch then you know who ever came up with the drug that could make that feeling stop would make a lot of money. I don't get motion sickness normally but chemo makes it so I'm borderline pukey much of the time.
  I am a vampire. The sun makes me break out in the same horrible rash so I stay out of the Sun. All of these symptoms or side effects are the cumulative result of heavy metal poisoning combined with Lapatinib.
  Eight days and a wake until this round of chemo is done. Then 6 weeks to recover before the surgery. I look forward to being done with this program. I pray to God that this will remove the cancer from my body.  I'm at peace with whatever happens.

 What do you call a doe that has her eyes popped out when she gets run over?
No eye deer.

A little girl calls the fire department and says 'My house is on fire.'
The dispatcher says 'Remain calm, how do we get there?"
'Big red truck, duh.' little girl says.

Tip your waitresses, I'll be here all week.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie WeatheringtonJune 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

    Sorry it is tough. You are full of grace Ronney. I am proud to be your friend. I pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete