Friday, May 15, 2015

My daughter’s marriage




            I am so proud of my daughter.  She is getting married…in a church.  This is the first church marriage in the Moss clan for a few generations.  Legend has that since we were excommunicated no one has been socially acceptable enough to pull it off.
            My lovely bride was nearly seven month pregnant when we were wed.  I was released early from work and my supervisor was my witness.  The witness is important because when people say “I don’t believe such a lovely woman would marry you.” You can then say “I have witnesses.”  Thank you Charlie
            We were married at the court house just outside of Clark AB, Republic of the Philippines.  I was in jungle fatigues and my wife in maternity biker attire.  I thought we were in trouble when the judge started shouting at my bride.  Judge Lansing knew my father in law who was a cop in Manila.  We had to get notarized permission to wed from our parents because we were too young.  After the interrogation and checking of paper we were wed. 
            Thank God for my wife.  She has been a blessing everyday.  I would probably be in prison or dead if not for her.  We have been blessed with two lovely children that inspired me to try to become a responsible human.  Our marriage has been nothing short of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment