Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pain number

"What is your pain number?" is a question the medical professionals ask. 
I do not know how to answer. 
They say "Using a scale one to ten where zero is no pain and ten is 'the worst pain you can imagine.'"
'The worst pain I can imagine" is not physiological. 
How about the worst pain I can remember, and that just makes you pass out.  I do know that the more I pay attention to pain the more it hurts.  (See the post on nueroplasiticity.) 
That being said what number do I assign when it makes me lose control of my bowels? 
How about makes me curl up in a ball and cry like a female dog? 
What number is it when the hairs on my arm stick out straight?
What about it make you walk all funny?
Six point seven nine is my final answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment