Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A day in the swamp

I live on a swamp.

Why do I live on a swamp?

Because I purchased a house on a swamp...it was a good price.
I may be Shrek.  I am an ogre.

DWARF, not a midget!
I was born in Baton Rouge, LA and, as a child lived in the woods.  I also spend time in the desert.
I LOVE the swamp.  A day of silence in the center of a vibrantly alive piece of North Carolina wetlands brings peace.
Among my  companions were three species of duck, two or more flavors of geese, and a heron.

It was and is a cold wet cloudy day.  "If it ain't rainin' we ain't trainin'" was the refrain used during my youth. Adapting to the environment is evolutionary so it is no wonder I feel right at home in the swamp.  There are several life changing big events coming and I need to clear my head.  Being silent outside in the world grounds me like nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment