Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 6 radiation and characters I play



We continue to be blessed. We completed radiation treatment number 25 and have eight remaining. We have good days and better days. The nausea continues to challenge nutrition. But my lovely wife is a wonderful cook and is engaged in that battle. Thanks to all my friends and family for the great help, well wishes, and reverent prayers.

Since I get radiation Monday through Friday my role right now is that it of a 7-Eleven burrito. They wrap me up, put me in and cook me until I go 'ding'. They have to be very patient to do 33 treatments. That way there aren't any frozen burrito parts right next to the boiling hot parts.

During the chemotherapy at the beginning of this journey but it made me sensitive to light I was a vampire. I think of Nosferatu. When I put the Eucerin on to protect my skin I was more of a clown/mime.



The drugged shuffle is always reminds me of zombies. During the peak of the chemo when the scabs from the rash were falling off I, indeed, felt like a zombie. Of course Rob Zombie Dragula comes to mind. But being short I don't think I could pull off a Rob Zombie.

After the operation the scar in the neck could fit into zombie motif or pirate mode. I am not Captain Jack Sparrow, maybe “Midget the bald.”

With the feeding tube my wife says it looks like iron man. She sees the hero in me despite the circumstances.

She is one of my greatest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment