Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Latest word from the Doctor

Monday we went to visit the doctor. Good news is that we seem to have turned the corner on the recovery process. It has been several days since I had trouble keeping food down. That is a great relief both physically and mentally. The pain still dominates enough to warrant medication; I hope to be drug free sooner rather than later but I understand that being able to rest will heal me faster than “toughing it out.” As long as I have to take the pain medications I can not drive or fly. Things still taste strange but, my appetite is returning. My weight seems to have stabilized; now I have to add muscle back. I have several more follow-up appointments to monitor my progress over the next few months. They have to let a little time go before we do a CT scan and declare “no sign of cancer” because if there is cancer present it is microscopic and will take a while to grow big enough to detect. Thank God for all my blessings especially my friends and family. My lovely wife is feeding me good home cooking and encouraging me in my efforts to gain strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment