Friday, November 6, 2015

Transition

I hate rambling, whiny emails.  The key to being an effective writer is to have brutal editors who understand the King's English.  Here is the final email product I put out to the general public:

Life happens.  After thirty one years it is time to reflect.  It may be a vacation, a sabbatical or retirement. I look forward to a closer walk.
There are multiple reasons for stepping back from flying.  The mundane mid-life crisis issues, the birth of my first grandchild and other less concrete excuses.
My recovery is a miracle; I returned to flight and taught in a tail wheel airplane. I was able to pass my ATP checkride and even compete acrobatically. My good friends helped me acquire a beautiful machine, allowed me to fulfill my dreams and then released me from my obligations when operational costs became too high.  I have had a tremendous time teaching and learning. 
My editor suggested I add a paragraph about my amazing students.  That will take several volumes to capture.  I continue to live the most amazing experience.  It has been my pleasure to serve people achieving their dreams. Sometimes it has been painful to help others realize their limitations. One of my first Masters let me know he expected that I exceed his abilities. God blessed me with incredible students, mentors, and peers.  The view from the giant's shoulders was grand!  The next generation will continue to thrash the limits.
It would not have been possible without the support of my beautiful wife.  Feel free to thank her for loaning me to the cause all these years.Thank you for the opportunity.  Have fun, be safe.  Be good stewards of aviation.   See you around campus.
Sincerely,
Ronney Moss





For whiny rambling unedited drivel read this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment