Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The perfect hot chocolate




When I was in the depths of cancer treatment everything tasted like cardboard and kerosene.  By the grace of God I live and breath additional blessings are the wonderful senses that we have one of which is taste.  After a hard cold day on the range a sweet cup of hot chocolate is amazing.  In my quest to live life to the fullest I have been experimenting with different formulas.  Store bought coco is good, there are many kinds.  In an effort to avoid a diabetic coma we sampled diet and sugar free products.  My tastes are eclectic and somewhat strange.  My current masterpiece contains coffee, cinnamon, coco power, vanilla and a touch of vanilla soothed with milk and honey.  I like it a lot!  My lovely daughter said it tasted like the Guinness of hot chocolate.  She did not mean it as a complement. 
            The addition of marshmallows is the topping that makes the drink.  I am not sure if the liquid is but the pallet upon which the marshmallows dance and play but they make even the most basic coco taste GOOD.  The Irish in me wants to add Bailey’s and or something stronger. 
            Have fun with your taste buds.  My favorite drink still is a tall cool glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment