Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas in Mexico



            My uncle, my mother, my wife and I spent Christmas in Mexico.  We connected with family members that we did not know existed a few years ago.  I felt at home almost immediately.  We ate, sang, laughed and played late every night.  We rose early and repeated the exercise until exhaustion.  It was wonderful to be so loved so unconditionally so quickly.  We celebrated Christmas with the family in Mexico City and then went down to visit another aunt in Cuernavaca.  A one day excursion to Tepoztlan and then it was time to go. 
            The whole experience was great fun.  One of my favorite parts was the marshmallow battle following the opening of presents.  I am so glad we connected although our hearts ached for Christina and Alexander the entire time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment